eLr covers more than 1,000
separate speech, language and literacy targets. These materials are designed to assist with the remediation of a wide range of speech and language disorders such as phonological impairment, apraxia, aphasia and reading and spelling problems.
- eLr is the culmination of our efforts to provide Speech Pathologists, teachers and clients with easily available, high quality, speech, language and literacy resources. Its Internet base enables the materials to be used from any location, and also allows clinicians to efficiently provide clients with home practice activities, and school based programs.
- What is eLr?
- eLr is a comprehensive collection of thousands of on-screen, targeted, therapy activities in the areas of phonology, phonological awareness, reading and spelling, semantics, sentence processing and using language. The activities are designed to be used as the basis of an interactive session with client and clinician or helper. Each task is flexible in its delivery style, and the huge range of tasks means that there are activities appropriate to clients with developmental or acquired language disorders (paediatric & adult). Currently there is no sound or speech associated with the tasks, as the helper provides reinforcement appropriate to the client needs and cultural style.
- How do I use eLr?
- eLr is subscription based. This method allows for the continual
expansion of the resource, as new materials are added each month. It also
means that the web site can remain dynamic, providing clinicians and clients
with a well serviced resource set. Each month a newsletter is sent by email to all subscribers (and
other interested people), informing them of new tasks and changes to the site.
With each subscription two forms of eLr access are automatically provided:
- Registered access to the eLr Internet site
enables clinicians to use the resource from any location (eg clinics, schools,
- eLr-Offline is a
CD based "compiled, mirror version" of the eLr website, which enables
subscribers to have access when/where the Internet is not available. It may be
run directly from the CD, or installed on a laptop, desktop, or networked
computer. A new edition of eLr-Offline is generated each month,
and a free updated replacement CD is sent to subscribers each 6 months. If you
wish more frequent updates, you may update your eLr-Offline
installation directly from the website
each month, so that the materials are as current as the Internet version.
- Providing Home Practice Activities
Subscribers are also automatically able to provide their clients (families,
schools etc) with free "Guest" access to eLr. Program Goals sheets
assist in delivering appropriate tasks, goals and instructions to clients
(refer to the support area for blank forms). There
are 2 mechanisms for "Guest" access:
- Guest access to the eLr Internet site
enables clients of subscribers to use the resource from any location (eg schools, home etc).
- eLr-Guest is a
special version of eLr-Offline which is designed to be used by clients
who have difficulty accessing the Internet as a "Guest" user. A current CD
is only available from a registered eLr subscriber eg your speech pathologist, school etc
- Supporting Documents
- The Support area also contains documents and information for reference and use within therapy. To document progress and results of therapy sessions, "Session Record" sheets are available. The Getting the Most out of eLr Sessions sheet explains the nature of the tasks, and hints about ways to expand on each task using non-computer activities. There is a section on Frequently Asked Questions relating to technical issues. The "eLr Prac Notes" gives outlines of various speech, language and literacy disorders, and highlights eLr sections which would be useful to develop skills in those specific areas. An "eLr Printable Directory" allows the user to print the main headings of the Directory, or in the case of subscribers, the entire classification and listing of tasks (currently about 245 pages).
- Feedback to the developers
- ELR Software Pty Ltd combines the skills of speech pathologists and computer consultant, and we are always happy for subscribers and visitors, to provide feedback and suggestions. Our aim is to continue to develop a flexible set of resources and activities, which meets the needs of busy clinicians and families, and people who work with clients who have speech language or literacy difficulties.
Copyright ©1999-2016 ELR Software Pty Ltd
(Please feel free to link to this site)
Site last updated May 21 2016
Picture Communication Symbols (PCS), Copyright ©1981-2016 Mayer-Johnson LLC
are used on this site by contractual agreement. All rights reserved worldwide.